If you have exotic pets such as birds, lizards, snakes, etc., consider preparing the following items for evacuation:
- A carrier large enough to comfortably house the animal.
- Adequate food and water.
- Appropriate bedding for the specific type of animal.
- Covers for birdcages to keep them calm and protected.
- A hot water bottle or some type of non-electrical heating element ready to keep them warm.
- Exotic’s medical records and a means of identifying them.
- Place proper identification on all carriers and/or cages including pet information, your name, address, and contact numbers!