Thank your senator for defending wilderness in Alaska's Arctic Refuge
Listed under the Endangered Species Act, polar bears give birth to their cubs in the Arctic Refuge.
Some in Congress hope to take advantage of a pro-drilling president and Republican control of the House and Senate by opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling.
Oil development would permanently scar this unique landscape. Time and time again we have seen the results of the damage done by greedy oil companies and irresponsible legislators. The damage done by the Exxon Valdez is still visible, decades later.
This week, 40 senators ran to the refuge’s rescue and co-sponsored a bill to permanently protect the coastal plain of the Arctic Refuge as designated wilderness.
Is your senator is on the list of Arctic Refuge champions?
- CA – Sen. Dianne Feinstein and Sen. Kamala Harris
- CO – Sen. Michael Bennet
- CT – Sen. Richard Blumenthal and Sen. Chris Murphy
- DE – Sen. Tom Carper
- FL – Sen. Bill Nelson
- HI – Sen. Mazie Hirono
- IL – Sen. Dick Durbin and Sen. Tammy Duckworth
- MA – Sen. Ed Markey and Sen. Elizabeth Warren
- MD – Sen. Christopher Van Hollen and Sen. Ben Cardin
- MI – Sen. Gary Peters and Sen. Debbie Stabenow
- MO – Sen. Claire McCaskill
- MN – Sen. Al Franken and Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- MT – Sen. Jon Tester
- NV – Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto
- NH – Sen. Maggie Hassan and Sen. Jeanne Shaheen
- NJ – Sen. Cory Booker and Sen. Bob Menendez
- NM – Sen. Tom Udall and Sen. Martin Heinrich
- NY – Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and Sen. Chuck Schumer
- OH – Sen. Sherrod Brown
- OR – Sen. Ron Wyden and Sen. Jeff Merkley
- PA – Sen. Bob Casey Jr.
- RI – Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse and Sen. Jack Reed
- VT – Sen. Patrick Leahy and Sen. Bernie Sanders
- WA – Sen. Marie Cantwell and Sen. Patty Murray
- WI – Sen. Tammy Baldwin
Encourage your Arctic champions to keep up the fight by sending a thank you letter to your senator/s.
Which of your senators is FOR this kind of environmental rape? Let them know how you feel.